The commercial kitchens use these chillers in order to store meat, dairy products, left over, cooked meals etc. These commercial blast chillers are used commonly in restaurants, catering places, bakeries, hotels etc.
A blast freezer can reduce the temperature of the food from +70 C to -18 C in just four hours. There is a wide range of blast chillers in the market. They are available with different energy savings, auto defrost and modes for noise reduction.
Working principle of blast chillers:
In regular refrigerators the water present inside the fridge crystallizes as the food gets frozen. The crystals that are formed inside the food are big in size. The blast freezer has rapid freezing and this results in formation of crystals which are small in size. If the crystals formed are big in size it can rupture the cells of the preserved food products. This can affect the texture and the taste of the food products. The blast freezers have blowers which pass the chilled air on the food rapidly thus decreasing its temperature rapidly. These chillers are equipped with trays which are movable and can be adjusted accordingly.
It is important to remember that high volume of the hot food is not chilled in this appliance because it can increase the temperature of the freezer. If the freezer is overstocked then the air circulating can be hindered and the chiller will not be able to increase the temperature evenly and efficiently. The cold air which is pumped by the cooling coils has to cool the stagnant air as well as the food. This is the reason that the regular commercial refrigerators take more time in order to decrease the temperature.
This chiller always has large space between the trays. The cold is pumped continuously with the help of fans which are present behind the racks.
A blast freezer has different chilling modes like:
- Soft chill: it reduces the food temperature to +3 C.
- Hard chill: the food temperature is reduced to -15 C. it is very suitable for food products with high fat content.
- Shock freezer: it can reduce the food temperature to -18 C in just four hours.
Benefits of blast chillers:
- It can preserve the texture, color, flavor and the nutritional value of the food products. Blast Chiller of SinCold can preserve all these qualities by decreasing the temperature rapidly.
- It can save the delicate preparations like the fruit extracts, soufflés or pasta from being dehydrated. The physical appearance can be preserved as well.
- Prevention of microorganism’s growth ensure food safety.
- The chances of food contamination is very low because it has separate compartments for food preservation.
- It helps in reducing the food wastage.